Thursday, 31 March 2016

Ode to a Demon (Poem)

Oh demon inside my head
Will you please stop banging on the walls
You're giving me a headache

Oh demon inside my head
I wish you'd just be silent for once
and listen to me instead

You always shout and scream
and never hear me when I beg
you only seem to laugh instead
I don't know what I've done
to deserve such a creature in my mind

Oh demon inside my head
please let me put this knife down
you're making me scared

Oh demon inside of my head
Why should I take these pills
When I can just sleep it off instead?

It seems I have you forever
and you're never going to stop
no matter how much I plead and beg
you'll come up with something else
just as bad as the last thing

Oh demon inside my head
I'm begging you
please stop

Oh demon
please

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment